I am one of these newbies. Usually I go astray when given an LBC topic to write about but not this time. ‘Cause when I went adiggin’ I found that what I don’t know about texting could get my butt in a lot o’ trouble (oops).
Here’s another ruse:
The text is kinda flirty-like, so you ask who it is out of curiosity. Next thing, you’re blabbing on and on. You don’t realize how long until you see the charges.
Some of the fees get you comin’ and goin’ … receiving and sending. And some of these rates are premium.
I found these tips to be helpful:
• Do Not respond to a number you don’t know
• 190 numbers can be very expensive
• SMS and MMS numbers that start with 19 can be expensive
• If the text is signed, do you know the person
• Ask a friend if they sent the text
• You can report a scam through Scamwatch
It’s all about the money for some people … your money.
May Your Glass Always Be Half Full