This is the season when garage sale signs pop up around the neighborhood. You know, the dreaded “clean house top-to-bottom” time of year. After the work is done though, it can be fun … if you have your ducks in a row.
- Check the weather and major events
- Not necessary to put ad in paper
- Have sale outside if possible
- Use same color posters w/large black print-garage sale and arrow
- Place a poster at nearest highway – others along the way day before sale
- Have your set-up neat and organized – it gets hectic otherwise
- Know value of your stuff – price each item – buyers will leave if they have to wait
- Most things will sell by early afternoon the first day
- Expect dealers when signs go up – will come to house – try to get stuff cheap so they can resell
I can’t stress the last one enough. Dealers will knock on your door the night before and expect to get your treasures for nothing … aaand will take all the best items.
How ‘bout you? Do you know tips that will help?
May Your Glass Always Be Half Full