One of my favorite sayings is: I can’t help growing old, but I’m never going to BE old. Maybe these tips will help some of you.
1. Kick out dumb numbers like age and height; no sense to worry about things you can’t change
2. Surround yourself with happy friends. Grouchy friends tend to make one…
3. Stir your brain with learning: like the computer, or fun games, maybe gardening. You know an idle mind is the devil’s workshop. Who’s in yours?
4. Inhale the simple things in life; when all else fails this may get you through
5. Laugh … it’s the good medicine of life. Force it if you must, soon it will come naturally
6. Tears are coming, let them. It’s the hearts way of washing away grief and anger so you can go on—so you can LIVE while you’re alive
7. Circle yourself with everything important to you: like hobbies, music, friends and family; the home that gives you refuge
8. Your health is golden, cherish it:
If it’s good, keep it that way.
It it’s not, find out why and improve it.
Get medical help if you must, but do it.
9. Stay away from guilt trips, they destroy happiness and cause misery. Go to the mall, go to a movie, go to a friend’s, go anyplace – but not to the guilt.
10. Don’t be afraid to say “I love you” to those you love. Say it, say it, say it.
You need to say the words, and they need to hear it.
You came alone and you will leave alone … be happy with YOU.
May Your Glass Always Be Half Full
New from Home:
Rushing. David has to have MRI of brain to
see if he has lesions, which comes with this
type of cancer.