Usually when a friend comes to the house we find ourselves at my desktop for one reason or another. When I leave the Internet I take a moment to run CCleaner.
“What’s that?” my friend asked.
“It’s CCleaner, a maintenance app,” I grin, “does everything but defrag … in one step.”
Her eyes widen, “You’re kidding, computers don’t need maintenance.”
“Oh yeah,” I come back, “do you have problems?”
She glanced at me sideways, “Well sure, but that’s normal.”
“That’s what I used to think,” I said softly, “until I found out…
Your computer needs maintenance just like your car; if you don’t do it there will be problems. CCleaner may not fix all the problems, but it will make life easier. The download takes a couple of minutes; using it after you leave the Internet takes less. Aaand … it’s free.”
- Type http://piriform.com/ccleaner/download into your browser
- Click on –download from piriform.com (green letters)
- Click SAVE FILE in pop-up window
- Right click blue bar for download – select Open
- Click RUN in pop-up window
- Click OK for English
- Click NEXT
- Click I AGREE
- Click NEXT
- At bottom of list UNCHECK box for “add CCleaner Yahoo! Toolbar and use CCleaner from your browser (it’s a pain)
- Click INSTALL
- Click FINISH
One of the features I like is Options, where you can keep the cookies you want. There are others you may want to check out also. I keep this app on my Start Menu, makes it handy when you need it.
BTW, my friend called when she got home … couldn’t believe the difference after installing CCleaner. And no, I’m not a spokesperson, just love the product.
May Your Glass Always Be Half Full
Read a chapter of Maxi’s novel
Over the Edge