Do you look at the house, apartment, garage or office and think: It’s too much; I don’t even know where to start? Or you resent the fact that you didn’t create the mess in the first place? And not only that, if you do get it cleaned it won’t stay that way?
Here’s what I know. If you’re someone who needs neatness and your place is a mess … this interferes with your happiness. It makes you cranky. You CAN change this. Post this note on fridge—make it big.
To Anyone who lives here:
- If you use it – put it away
- If you drop it – pick it up
- If you get it dirty – clean it
- If you sleep on it – make it up(best you can)
- If you wore it – put it in hamper
- Etc, etc, etc
- All agree on consequences for breaking rules
At the first opportunity:
- Talk to others in home about your goal
- Gather cleaning supplies and empty box
- Start in one room – pick up an item – toss it or keep it
- Once something goes in box – no take backs
- Clean the item and find it a place
- Do not start another project until this room is finished
- It may take time but you will finish – make it your mission
The greatest achievement you will receive from this venture is not your sparking clean surroundings … it’s that sense of accomplishment that wells up in your heart. Oh yea, those tossed items, donate them or have a garage sale.
Almost forgot—this also applies if you’re single—note and all.
May Your Glass Always Be Half Full
Read Chapter Three of Over the Edge at: maximalone.com
Have a story to tell? Leave it at: firstname.lastname@example.org